Marquee & Party Hire Wollongong & South Coast
Terms of Hire
- All quotations are valid for 30 days from the date of issue. Acceptance of the quotation is subject to payment of a 20% deposit.
- A non-refundable 20% deposit is required to secure a quote. Upon payment of the deposit the customer will have been deemed to have accepted the Term & Conditions of Hire.
Cancellation or amendment
- Any cancellation of an order will incur a 20% cancellation fee of the full contract price
Cancellation fees are as follows:
- (i) More than 12 weeks notice – 20% deposit forfeited
- (ii) Between 4-8 weeks prior to delivery date – 30% cancellation fee
- (iii) Between 2-4 weeks notice – 50% cancellation fee
- (iv) Between 1-2 weeks notice – 75% cancellation fee
- (v) Under 1 week notice – 100% cancellation fee
- At the discretion of the Company the deposit may be transferred to another event within 6 months of the original function date.
- No variation of an order will result in a reduction of the contract price by more than 10% unless previously agreed with the Company. Where the customer seeks to vary an order so that the original contract price would reduce by more than 10%, the customer agrees to pay 90% of the original contract price regardless of the variation requested.
- Full payment is required 7 days prior to delivery.
Use of equipment
- All Hire Equipment supplied will remain the property of the Company.
- The Customer will be responsible for the Equipment for the duration of the hire period.
- The Customer is to maintain the Equipment is good condition.
- The Customer is to maintain the Equipment is good working order.
- The Company makes no representation as to the suitability of the Equipment for a particular need or purpose – this remains the responsibility of the Customer.
- All equipment, with the exception of marquee structures and flooring, will be transported and stored by the Customer under protection from the weather. Any damage caused by the weather where the Customer was negligent will result in the replacement value of the item being charged to the Customer.
- The Customer will return all Equipment when it is due back.
- A continuing hire fee for all Equipment not returned to the Company when it is due back will be charged to the Customer.
- No refunds will be given for equipment returned prior to agreed return date.
- To the full extent permitted by law the Customer releases, discharges and indemnifies the Company from all claims and demands on the Company arising out of or consequent on the use or misuse of the Hire Equipment during the hire period.
- The Company will not be liable for any loss or damages arising out of the overloading, exceeding rated capacity, misuse or abuse of the Hire Equipment by the Customer.
- The Company may agree to make equipment delivery and collection arrangements to and from the Customer’s site and the Customer will pay to the owner any charges and expenses incurred in such delivery, installation and/or collection.
- The owner will use its best endeavours to deliver the equipment by the agreed time but will not be liable to the Customer for a late delivery, non-delivery or any associated loss or damage due to a late or non-delivery.
Site access & approval
- The Customer is responsible for any approvals required for the installation of Hire Equipment.
- The Customer is responsible for clearing the site and ensuring it is ready for the installation of Hire Equipment.
- The site must have a suitably firm foundation which the Hire Equipment is to be installed on to avoid subsidence.
- The Company reserves the right not to install Hire Equipment that may be damaged or cause harm due to the site conditions.
- While the Hire Equipment is in the Customers care it remains the sole responsibility of the Customer. If the Hire Equipment is installed in a public space, security is required overnight.
Damage or Loss
- The Customer must pay for the damage or loss of any Hire Equipment under the following circumstances:
- (i) Equipment is lost or stolen
- (ii) If damage to the Hire Equipment is deemed more than normal wear and tear
- (iii) Where damage is caused by negligence or vandalism
- (iv) Equipment is damaged or broken
- The Customer must pay the current replacement value cost.
- All Hire Equipment is to be returned clean by the Customer. Cleaning instructions will be sent to the Customer prior to the hire period. If these are not adhered to cleaning fees will be applicable.
Good & services tax
- Where applicable the Customer will be charged in accordance with the current Federal and State legislation.
- ‘The Company’ means South Coast Party Hire Pty Ltd ABN: 77 164 247 483.
- ‘The Customer’ means the person or persons company to whom the Tax Invoice is addressed.
- ‘Hire Equipment’ means the items hired by the Customer from the Company.